October 4, 2021
We are currently hiring for an Associate Architectural Drafter.
|Job Title||Associate Architectural Drafter|
The Architectural Drafter will prepare residential home plans sets for construction use according to specifications provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare residential home plan sets for construction for each unique lot. Prepare typical details and standard plans for reuse as needed.
- Prepare marketing elevations and collateral material for marketing department to use in their efforts.
- Conduct site walk thru and progress visits to assess accuracy of plans and construct-ability.
- Analyze superintendent feedback for future plan revisions to save time and money.
- Maintain company Master Plans.
- Produce software-generated takeoffs and quantities for estimating department
- Prepare drawings to support change orders and as-builts for each job.
- Work on all types of projects, with multiple projects going at the same time, some of which were new ground up projects, as well as renovation ranging from $2,000.00 - $3.9 million.
- Create and maintain some of the documents and databases used daily.
- Extensive knowledge in Soft Plan (BIM) is desired. Applicants with Revit or CAD experience should be able to easily transition to Soft Plan. Other software knowledge of Blue-Beam, and Co-Construct is helpful.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related goals and deadlines as needed.
- Report to Lead Architectural Drafter
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Architecture, or related field preferred
- Experience with Soft plan (preferred), Revit, or AutoCAD
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Residential Drafting - BIM software
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Marketing - Creation of marketing level elevations and collateral
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Good working conditions - indoors with low noise level
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Typically, 8-hour workdays, 8:00am – 5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break. Flexible work schedule.
- Little traveling, if any
Reports to Lead Architectural Drafter
Equal Opportunity Employer
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
This company does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
This job description is not designed to cover a full list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and/or activities may be modified at any time or without notice.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.