March 23, 2021
We are currently hiring for an Estimator for our Tuscaloosa / Athens location. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply on Indeed or reach out to Ashley Suchocki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Estimator
Estimator will be responsible for estimating construction pricing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare cost estimates at various stages of design from schematic and budget to detailed take-off and pricing.
- Prepare complete material purchase order packages.
- Conduct site walk thru and progress visits.
- Analyze and estimate project changes and prepare variance purchase orders.
- Perform quantity take offs for the various materials, finishes, and all sub-contractor trades.
- Secure bids for each trade, then quantify their scope and pricing.
- Summarize, compare and level several quotes from each trade arriving with the best price and quality for that project.
- Work on all types of projects, with multiple projects going at the same time, some of which were new ground up projects, as well as renovation ranging from $2,000.00 - $3.9 million.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· College degree Engineering preferred – Civil, Construction, or related
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of houses
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Engineering & Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Negotiation – Building others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost, and other techniques
- Occasional traveling
- Typically, 8-hour workdays, 8:00am – 5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break. Flexible work schedule
Job Type: Full-time